Thursday, May 8, 2014

The mighty Cerdarion!

Cerdarion Courtar has been interning with us at the Botanical Garden now for the last 3 months as part of his MBO 1 from the Gwendoline Van Putten School. He has grown so much over the last weeks and has gained knowledge, skills and met lots of people from Statia and from abroad.

He had his last day today, he completed a proficiency test which is the practical exam for his course and he passed with flying colours.

We had a little celebration with the volunteers and his teacher, Jos, at the office and even had some cake, carrot cake with no icing... his favourite (see, I was 100% confident he would pass so I was all prepared!)

We will miss him and the great help and assistance he has provided over the last few months... as well as the amazing imagination, (Corallita in my garden coming alive to attack me in the night because I killed it's relatives in the fruit garden) the great banter ("Claire, are you trying to kill me?" a comment on my driving skills, or lack there-of) and the good fun we have had as well. Of course he works in Duggins so I don't have to venture too far to catch up on what he's up to.

I am really pleased that he has decided to continue his studies and go onto MBO 2 next year. So, Cerdarion, good luck with the rest of your exams over the next few weeks and most of all thank you for all your hard work!

Much love from the garden on the golden rock.

Cerdarion in his first week - the rock finder!
 
 
Showing the Corallita who's boss!
 
 
Last day in the garden with after the exam with very a proud teacher Jos and Job-trainer Claire.
 
 
Doing my girly version of Cerdarion's favourite pose.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow What a fantastic job! The garden is looking amazing. Congratulations Cerdarion - we miss seeing you at Duggins!

    ReplyDelete